We are excited to announce that the IceLink 3 general release is now available! For this release, we have been focusing primarily on:
- Revising and redesigning the examples to better reflect the power and flexibility of the IceLink API, including recording, toggling of streams, and live text chat side-by-side with a video call.
- Overhauling our documentation, including getting started and migration guides.
The new online documentation is live now, at the same address as before.
- Documentation: https://docs.frozenmountain.com/
- Migration Guide: https://docs.frozenmountain.com/icelink3/migrationguide.html
- Getting Started: https://docs.frozenmountain.com/icelink3/gettingstarted/
Support for Xamarin is coming very soon, as are brand new plugins for Internet Explorer and Safari.
IceLink 3 uses a brand new license key system:
- To eliminate the need to download new libraries when switching from a trial to a paid license.
- To enable the delivery of individual framework libraries over popular centralized distribution channels like nuget.org, etc..
- To prevent accidental inclusion of trial libraries in production applications.
- To enable us to provide trial access faster by not having to do custom builds.
The license keys are based on JWT, so IceLink is able to validate quickly in-process at startup without any need to hit the network or "call home". We wouldn't want that in our software, and we know you don't want it in yours.
In the next couple weeks, we are launching a brand new website with full license key management tools. Until then, we are providing a temporary license key below that is valid until December 31, 2016:
fmeyJpZCI6ImI2YjMzOTI2LTZhODEtNDM2Zi1iNjUxLTNiMjI5OGY1MGRmNSIsInBjIjoiSWNlTGluayIsIml0Ijp0cn VlLCJpYSI6NjM2MTMwMDg4ODE4NjAwNzY2LCJ2ZiI6NjM2MTI5ODM2ODE4NTMwNzQ2LCJ2dCI6NjM2MTg4MjU1OTkwMD AwMDAwfQ==.cOsC1ddFCnrTh8BFm75O56+5pLAk6SLFSDE2758wxLtostNG3I+wuRfR8tHxMYXHz3fNuJvHdsBZhrgA4 ahyM7c6E//wUd3YxyG5vKjOge+N2vs2cfHKRV8xxzzti9nRPv3D8iZ6v6OKYBepUyIWrRT2z3mmQmJuh6fBL10fWHI=
Using this in your application is as simple as calling
License.SetKey and passing in the license key string:
For convenience, the examples in the SDK are wired to read from a file ("icelink.key"), so you can also just paste your key there.
Head on over to the Downloads page to pick up the latest!