IceLink 3 Developer Preview 3 is out! This release adds some new features, fixes a slew of bugs, and updates the API in preparation for the release candidate scheduled for September 19. This release was originally scheduled to be released last week, but was delayed to give some time to stabilize the main platform targets and examples as much as possible. Note that there are still some known bugs in the Opus layer.
- A Java-based VideoChat example has been added.
- Forward error correction and packet loss concealment has been added to the Opus layer.
- The default API for media handling has been vastly simplified, while still allowing full manipulation for more complex use cases.
- Lots of bug fixes for send-only and receive-only scenarios. The examples have been updated to demonstrate best practices for these use cases.
- Support for recording has been fleshed out in all the video chat examples.
- Objective-C-based examples have been updated to use ARC (by popular demand). Swift examples are coming soon.
- .NET, Android, and Java now have full support for TCP over TURN in the client layer. Support in iOS and macOS should be ready for the release candidate.
Head on over to the Downloads page to pick up the latest!