The x.9.5 release is out! There have been a few minor updates since the last announcement. Since x.9.1:
- Recording to the Matroska (.mkv) file format is now supported in IceLink for both audio and video streams. Parsing is supported as well for streaming media from a file.
- Big performance improvements across the board in IceLink - reducing the number of memory allocations, re-using existing data structures, caching certificates, etc. While not very noticeable in client-side applications, these small things make a big difference on the server at scale. If you are using IceLink to run selective forwarding (SFU) or multipoint control (MCU) in a server environment, then it is strongly recommended to update.
- The iOS audio playback module has been updated with some really good clarity/volume enhancements. In some cases before, the audio would either be a little too quiet or a little too loud with clarity loss. Now, it's just right.
- The TURN server now supports channel bindings. This is a big performance improvement and also works around a bug in Chrome.
- The applet loading script in Safari has been overhauled so the browser remains responsive while the applet is initializing. In addition to making this a better user experience, it prevents the signalling client from timing out while waiting for the applet to load.
- Lots of minor bug fixes and improvements.
Head on over to the Downloads page to pick up the latest!