The x.7.1 product suite is now available!
- The SCTP stack has been finalized as of x.7.0. It is not longer considered experimental and is fully compatible with the SCTP stack built into Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- The ReliableDataChannel API has been finalized as well with examples for all platforms. The _.Conference.DataChannels examples have the latest code demonstrating ordered reliable, unordered reliable, and unreliable data streams.
- Support for screen-sharing (just set DefaultVideoSource when calling GetMedia) from Chrome/Firefox has been added through the use of a Chrome extension and a Firefox add-on. Just set "defaultVideoSource: fm.icelink.webrtc.videoSource.Screen" when calling getMedia. Contact us if you are interested in receiving the source code for the plugins.
- Updated the WebSocket client code to handle some edge cases with certain WebSocket server configurations.
- Lots of small "razor" improvements focusing on improving stability, especially to assist with network problems that could result in signalling resets, link-drops, timeouts, dead streams, relay failures, etc.
IceLink 2, WebSync 4, and TheRest 2 are all considered feature-complete at this point. Future updates will be focused entirely on stability, fixing bugs where necessary as new use cases and integrations are discovered. If you have a feature request, please let us know as we develop our road-map for the next major version of the product suite, which at the moment is focused on performance, screen sharing, file transfers, one-to-one call/answer connection flows, further signalling abstractions, and H.264 support.
Head on over to the Downloads page to pick up the latest!