A new release is available! This is a feature/patch release for IceLink, and a minor patch release for WebSync and TheRest. Highlights from this release:
- Lots of IceLink + Xamarin love. The Xamarin.iOS SDK has been updated to use native code for media capture/playback to give a big boost in performance and audio/video quality. This also allows us to set the stage for all-new support for Xamarin.Mac. Stay tuned...
- Updates to the iOS SDKs to address new warnings/errors introduced by Xcode 6 and iOS 8.
- Updates to the IceLink Java SDK to use JNI for Opus/VP8 encoding/decoding. Previous builds used JNA, and the new JNI integration offers a nice performance boost. The JNI bindings for Opus and VP8 are open-source in the examples and automatically included in the Java WebRTC applet.
- Fixed bug in IceLink iOS SDK that caused the audio engine to continuously restart when calling [AVAudioSession overrideOutputAudioPort:...].
- Added OggAudioRecordingProvider to IceLink .NET SDK for recording Opus audio stream to disk.
- Added IvfVideoRecordingProvider to IceLink .NET SDK for recording VP8 video stream to disk.
- WebSync security handling around server events has been updated so authentication is only verified for requests that can actually be authenticated. Events triggered by in-process API calls (WebSyncServer.XXX), which don't have an authentication context, should now be processed correctly.
- A bunch of small improvements and bug fixes.
As always, please send us your feedback! Check out support.frozenmountain.com to submit and vote on feature requests/ideas as well as ask questions from our technical staff and receive prompt answers. For any other issues, feel free to send us a message.