The March product release is here! There have been a few minor releases in between, and we opted to go past February to make sure we could get some "bigger" changes implemented. Performance improvements have been a major focus for us in this release, especially on mobile platforms. This build brings mobile performance up to the max, and should free us up to add reliable data-channels and support for Windows Phone (which we know many of you are waiting for). Aside from bug fixes, here are some of the highlights for this release:
- IceLink gets full WebRTC support (audio/video) for Xamarin.Android. Xamarin.iOS is in the works, coming soon.
- The pipeline for the IceLink, WebSync, and TheRest Java SDKs have received major performance improvements.
- For IceLink, the WebRTC extension for Android now uses an OpenGL video render provider that is radically faster than the previous iteration.
- The Android video capture provider also discards late frames so there is never a backlog of video for remote clients to process.
- The WebRTC Java applet for IceLink is confirmed working 100% across Windows/Mac/Linux 32-bit/64-bit in a plethora of web browsers that don't natively support WebRTC.
- IceLink now limits PLI packet delivery to avoid over-congesting the network with keyframes. It also now includes improved packet-loss detection at the video codec level to avoid messy artifacts in lossy network conditions.
- All issues related to DTLS on Android are resolved.
- In IceLink, all issues related to WebRTC audio playback quality in Chrome/Firefox are resolved.
- The WebSync SDK now includes a WCF extension for .NET so you can consume or host a WCF service using WebSync for duplex communication. You can even host a WCF service using a WebSync client.
- TheRest now supports "local only" methods so you can trigger various internal operations (like migrations) using a thin web request instead of a separate thick application.
As always, please send us your feedback! Check out support.frozenmountain.com to submit and vote on feature requests/ideas as well as ask questions from our technical staff and receive prompt answers. For any other issues, feel free to send us a message.