New builds are up! This is a feature/patch release for IceLink, and a minor patch release for WebSync and TheRest. The main features added to IceLink in this build are...
- Opus all around! High-definition audio is finally here. Opus support has been added for iOS, Android, .NET, Mac, Java, Xamarin.iOS, and Xamarin.Android. Opus for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 is coming soon.
- Audio/video support for Xamarin.iOS. Check out the new Xamarin.iOS.Conference.WebRTC example.
- Experimental audio/video support for Windows Phone. This is definitely alpha-level stuff. The next release should firm this up.
- Support for pausing/resuming local audio and video. Android needed this for its activity lifecycle, but other platforms can benefit when under load by selectively turning off local media streams.
- Big improvements in layout management. The options and algorithms have been drastically improved. There's very little you can't do using the built-in layout manager now.
- Audio resampling is fully integrated. Audio is now always be captured at 48000Hz and down-sampled if needed.
- Video previews are automatically mirrored on desktop platforms. This can, of course, be disabled if desired.
- OpenGL video rendering on iOS has been improved so late frames are discarded instead of queued. The render queue should never get backed up now.
- Overhauled examples. The new example structure better illustrates the separation of signalling vs. local media vs. conferences. This should help new users better understand how to integrate custom components.
- The WebSync extension for IceLink has been updated to support continuous P2P connections even with signalling interruptions. To do this, it now includes a dependency on the WebSync Chat extension. If you are using the WebSync extension for IceLink, we recommend updating to this version.
As always, please send us your feedback! Check out support.frozenmountain.com to submit and vote on feature requests/ideas as well as ask questions from our technical staff and receive prompt answers. For any other issues, feel free to send us a message.