We've just released a few hot fixes for IceLink in version 184.108.40.206. These hot fixes resolve the issue in 220.127.116.11 where SendOnly mode was not streaming A/V. We've also fixed a video-freezing issue under severe network conditions, and resolved a connectivity problem over TCP relays in Java & .NET. For details on those issues, check the release notes below.
As you've likely heard via our newsletters, as of IceLink 3.0.13, we now support Safari 11, plugin-free, on mobile and desktop browsers!
This release also brings several bug fixes, faster connection times, and improved SDP negotiation with SIP endpoints. By removing DataChannels from the examples in favour of demonstrating text chat via signalling, the IceLink examples now also interop with end points that do not support SCTP, such as Microsoft Edge, without any code customization required.
Updated release notes are below:
- Fixed a bug when MediaStream Direction was set to SendOnly, InputFormat was not set and media was not transmitted to the remote peer;
- Fixed a bug where Active Candidate Pair was not set when connectivity was re-established on the existing connections, causing "video-freezing";
- Fixed an issue hindering TCP connectivity over relay connections on the Java-based and .NET platforms.
- Well-known media format descriptions (RTP payload types) reported in the media lines (m-lines) of SDP messages are now parsed in the cases when RTP Map attributes containing these payload types are not present. Required for the interop with the legacy systems;
- Candidates reported in the media and connection (i.e. m and c) lines of SDP messages are now parsed if these candidates are not reported separately in the SDP message. Required for the interop with the legacy systems;
- Exposed Connection.IcePolicy indicating whether ICE connectivity checks are required;
- Exposed Stream.EncryptionPolicy indicating whether encryption is required, preferred or disabled on a given stream;
- RTP Media Transport Profiles are now appropriately set in the SDP messages indicating whether encryption and feedback (e.g. NACK PLI) is used;
- Exposed Stream.OnDirectionChange event that is raised when a change in stream direction has occurred (e.g. as a result of the direction renegotiation).
- Fixed a bug, where messages transmitted over ReliableData Transport were not properly buffered prior to ReliableTransport transitioning to the Opening and Open states resulting in Connection shutting down when messages were being sent in New state, just prior to the transport being open;
- Fixed a bug where under certain conditions switching active candidate pair that just lost connectivity led to reset of encryption transports leading to the eventual overall loss of connectivity;
- Ensured that media format descriptions (RTP payload types names) are compared case-insensitively to ensure compativbility with Google Chrome;
- Eliminated a race condition under which Connections could transition from Failing and Failed states to Closing and Closed states on all platforms. Failed and Closed states are terminal and no transitions from these states are possible;
- Eliminated potential null reference exception in FM.IceLink.WebSync4.ClientExtensions in the cases when connection fails due to a locked camera.
Head on over to the Downloads page to pick up the latest!